Last Modified : September 1, 2020
With our joint customers’ focus directed toward the Cloud, and on-premise customers increasingly moving toward perpetual licenses, Oracle has made a strategic decision to eliminate on-premise term licenses, providing streamlined product and licensing selections when placing on-premise orders. Effective September 1, 2020 Oracle will no longer offer on-premise term licenses (1-5 year terms), with the exception of key Oracle Technology products that will retain 1-year term licenses (see list below).
- What happens to my customers who are paying support on their term licenses?
Existing customers paying support on their term licenses will remain supported through the end of their term
- Are perpetual licenses affected by this announcement?
No, perpetual licenses are not affected by this announcement. Term upgrades to perpetual licenses remain (e.g., migrating from a 4-year term license to a perpetual license), however migrations from 1-year term to perpetual license are discontinued
- Can I upgrade my term license to a longer term license?
No, upgrades to longer term licenses are discontinued (e.g., migrating a 2-year term to a 5-year term)
The below list of products will continue to be licensed using 1-year term licenses
- Exadata Storage Server Software
- Oracle Active Data Guard
- Oracle Advanced Compression
- Oracle Advanced Security
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database Standard Edition 2
- Oracle Database Vault
- Oracle Diagnostics Pack
- Oracle Forms and Reports
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle Internet Application Server Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Multitenant
- Oracle OLAP
- Oracle Partitioning
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Real Application Clusters One Node
- Oracle Real Application Testing
- Oracle SOA Suite for Oracle Middleware
- Oracle Tuning Pack
- Oracle WebLogic Server Enterprise Edition
- Oracle WebLogic Server Standard Edition
- Oracle WebLogic Suite